The Alliance for Clinical Education (ACE) is a multidisciplinary group formed in 1992 to enhance clinical instruction of medical students. Because ACE represents leaders in education from a broad range of medical specialties, it can play a key role in issues related to multi and interdisciplinary undergraduate clinical medical education.
ACE is now on Linked-In as well as Twitter.
The ACE bylaws were approved in 2007.
Membership in the Alliance for Clinical Education is organizational. Representatives from the constituent organizations comprise the ACE general membership. Parent organizations designate representatives to ACE and also designate the representative to the ACE Executive Council. You may view a list of member organizations on the Connections Page.
If you are an organization whose primary mission is clinical medical student education, you may be eligible for membership. The process requires organizations to submit an application and be approved unanimously by each constituent organization. Please contact us at email@example.com with questions.
The Alliance for Clinical Education’s mission is to foster collaboration across specialties to promote excellence in clinical education of medical students. In support of its mission, the Alliance for Clinical Education will take a national leadership role in promoting:
- The recognition of excellent medical education as the enduring core mission of medical schools with a concomitant commitment of adequate resources
- Collaboration, communication, and resource sharing among educators in different clinical disciplines, including a multidisciplinary approach to core competencies for medical students
- Innovation in medical student education based on well-designed research, especially as this applies across clinical disciplines
- Professional development of clinical medical educators
- Service to our constituent organizations, other organizations in academic medicine, and students as a resource for information, ideas, and advocacy