Alliance for Clinical Education Louis N. Pangaro Medical Educator Award
The Alliance for Clinical Education Louis N. Pangaro Medical Educator Award will recognize a faculty member whose focus has been on the clinical education of medical students. Consistent with the ACE Charter the award recognizes sustained contributions to building inter-clerkship collaboration beyond one’s own medical specialty.
- Associate or Professor level faculty member
- Sustained involvement over a career in medical student education
- Evidence of medical student education across multiple clinical disciplines
- Evidence of innovative education across multiple clinical disciplines
- Record of being an effective medical student educator in the clinical years
- Active engagement in a national medical student education organization
- Evidence of scholarship in medical student education
- Minimum of two and no more than four letters of recommendation (one letter from a faculty member outside the nominee’s discipline; one from another faculty member or learner/trainee)
- Statement of education philosophy from nominee (not to exceed 1 page)
- CV of Nominee
- Up to two publications (articles or chapters) reflecting scholarship in medical education
For additional questions, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions document (FAQ PDF). If you have additional questions about this award, please email.